Our 5th Annual Unapologetically Black vegan festival
Special Guest Genesis Butler & more!
Hosted by LoriKim Alexander and Fred "Doc" Beasley
DJ DP One on the turntables
Dynamic speakers include:
*The international teen educator Genesis Butler!
*Baltimore's Brenda Sanders from Vegan Soulfest!
*Midwest Soul Vegfest GiGi the Vegan!
*Brooklyn's Cynthia King Dance and her amazing little dancers!
*Liberation Farm's urban planting hands-on workshop for children by Nadia Muyeeb!
*"Plant Hero" our Cannabis Consultant!
*Performances by Mecca Godzilla & JustKing Jones!
*Founder Omowale Adewale author of two vegan books
Expect a wide-array of options such as Shakti Wellness Bar (Alkaline & Afro-Caribbean Food) - Sabrosa Vegana (Puerto Rican Vegan Food) Fresh Factor (Fresh Juices) - Sofia & Grace Cookie Co. (Desserts) - Food Truck by Ox's Way and lots more!!!
1. Grab your ticket free//VIP//donation by July 30
---Bring your children, friends & loved ones!!---
2. On August 13, Come and register at the entrance table
3. Pick up your free Black VegFest event program
4. Grab free items and purchase a reusable bag and souvenirs
5. Find some blanket space on the lawn with friends
6. Search for on-going workshops and special presentations
7. Check out Black art, clothing and vegan resources for sale
8. Vegan Food will be everywhere...Arrive early!
9. Meet new people and exchange ideas about Black culture and veganism
10. 6:00PM to 8:00PM find a special somebody and tell you love them.
11. VIP members, we have a special thank you for yall
We need to Build & Cultivate Black Space is about love but it's also about liberation. Fannie Lou Hamer said it, WEB Dubois, Assata Shakur said it, Malcolm X said it, and even Booker T. Washington said it. The brightest sons and daughters and (I hope they would say) non-binary persons will rise to the occasion for their Community.
First, we need to gather the conversations about ourselves and what we care about in safe space. We can discuss if we care about animals? Do we believe in a vegan lifestyle? Do we fill we are choked by police containment, poor health options in our community or a corrupt legal system? Do we disunite with fracking for natural gas? What is reparations to you? What do you use for self-care? How do you participate in trade (money, skills, product, etc.)?
As we move week-to-week, we will rebalance our time with Black conversations with Black actions and Black objectives with Black deliverables. It simply means, focus on your Black-self or goals...not what society wants.
Volunteer with us. Anybody can volunteer with Black VegFest.