Black VegFest presents Political Education on Mass Incarceration and Political Prisoners.In keeping with our celebration of a martyr, educator and leader for our people’s movement during the 20th century, Black VegFest will host a Political Education Session on Political Prisoners and Mass Incarceration on MLK Jr. Day January 18. The zoom panel discussion will begin at 6PM.
In Solidarity with all freedom-loving fierce resisters who identify as BIPOC and QTIBIPOC challenging the status quo but remaining scientifically-based during and in the aftermath of Covid and as a proud member of the People’s United Front we support the following demands:
1. We Demand an End to Mass Incarceration & Immediate release of All Political Prisoners.
2. We Demand an End to Police & Law Enforcement Terror and the Dismantling of the National Security State (The Patriot Act)!
3. We Demand an End to the inequitable response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and its genocidal effects on Black & Brown communities! We Demand Free Nationalized Health Care, including Quality Mental Health Care, for All!
4. We Demand Affordable Housing for all! Cancel Evictions, Mortgages, and Rents pending resolution of the COVID-19 crisis! End privatization of and Expand Public Housing, make all repairs.
5. We Demand Reparations Now for Black and Indigenous Peoples in North America as part of the struggle against institutional white supremacy!
6. We demand Amnesty for ALL undocumented people and end to the super-exploitation of undocumented workers. Abolish ICE!
7. We Demand a radical, Green New Deal that addresses environmental racism without gentrification!
8. We Demand Community Control of a Free Public Education system from pre-K through college!
9. We Demand jobs for all with a Universal Living Wage. We need a Universal Basic Income and Cooperative Economics in Black, Latinx/o & Indigenous communities!
10. We Demand an end to U.S. Military & Economic Intervention in other countries! Independence for Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands & all U.S. colonies! End U.S. aggression towards Cuba, Venezuela & Iran! Self-determination for the Palestinian & Zimbabwean people!
"Nonviolence is fine as long as it works." -Malcolm X
Learn community awareness and de-escalation tactics and more. Protect your community internally and externally.
ABOUT SALA CYRIL
Sala has been an organizer, educator and vegan for over twenty years. She has been an Organizer with the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement since 2002 working on programming such as New Afrikan Scouts, Camp Pumziko, Copwatch,